Products & Services
The Xelera team is experienced in designing and building a variety of particle accelerator components, including:
- Electron Sources (Photo-Guns and Thermionic Guns)
- Beam Stops
- Vacuum System components
- SRF HOM Absorbers
- Radiation Protection for electron and X-ray beams.
- Shielding design and assessment
- Penetration Recommendations
- Shielded door designs
- Radiation safety interlock design and procedures
- Radiation monitoring equipment needs and placement
- Radiation Safety Training procedures
- EMI consulation for high-voltage RF systems
- Laser system safety planning
- CNS Safeguarding
Client Highlight: ASU Biodesign C Vault Shielding Design
The team at Xelera Research has many decades of experience with radiation producing devices, ranging from medical X-ray diagnostic systems, to electron and ion accelerators, and even with nuclear reactors. We have designed and implemented radiation shielding and safety systems for a number of accelerators covering the range of energies for the planned system at Arizona State University (ASU).
Construction of Arizona State University's (ASU's) Biodesign C Vault 1, which will house the world’s first compact X-ray free electron laser. Xelera designed the radiation shielding for this building, and provided all of the radiation consultation services listed above.